NUCO Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issues.
Mental Health First Aiders are an asset to any business – they have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
Our Supervising First Aid for Mental Health 2 day course covers the following Syllabus, which is broken down over the 2 days in manageable chucks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA NUCO manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources.
When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained NUCO Mental Health First Aider.
The course will:
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
HCS Safety,West Point House, 321 Millbrook Road West, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 0HW
023 80 894695