Mental Health Awareness- Preventing and Managing Occupational Stress
Delegate rate: £175 plus VAT
Course duration: 1 day
Please bring photo ID with you
In-house rate – For an in-house course quotation, please call Olivia on 023 80 894695. Please note; attendance will be capped to a maximum of 10 delegates per course.
Providing an environment that fosters good mental health is an essential component of running any successful business. This essential training is designed for supervisors, line managers and senior management – anyone who has responsibility or influence over how other people work.
The course is open to delegates from any industry who are interested in the effect that work can have on mental health and what the law requires employers to do in terms of preventing and managing occupational stress.
By the end of the course, delegates will…
• Understand the definition of mental health and the scale of mental ill health issues in the UK
• Gain an overview of 2 key conditions – depression and anxiety
• Understand the mental/ physical/ organisational risks associated with occupational stress
• Gain an overview of the legal framework relevant to occupational stress and mental health in the workplace
• Understand the causes of stress
• Understand the HSE’s standards for preventing and managing occupational stress and how to implement these
• Devise clear, realistic improvements to be made in the workplace
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to produce an action plan of realistic improvements to take back to work that will improve the mental health outcomes for their workforce and reduce risk to their business.
HCS Safety,West Point House, 321 Millbrook Road West, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 0HW
023 80 894695