Preventing and Managing Workplace Stress
I cannot recommend this course highly enough, very thought provoking and has certainly led to a lot of discussions/talks in the workplace. Now going to roll this out throughout our Company.
Providing an environment that fosters good mental health is an essential component of running any successful business. This essential training is designed for supervisors, line managers and senior management – anyone who has responsibility or influence over how other people work.
The course is open to delegates from any industry who are interested in the effect that work can have on mental health and what the law requires employers to do in terms of preventing and managing workplace stress.
By the end of the course, delegates will…
• Understand the definition of mental health and the scale of mental ill health issues in the UK
• Gain an overview of 2 key conditions – depression and anxiety
• Understand the mental/ physical/ organisational risks associated with workplace stress
• Gain an overview of the legal framework relevant to workplace stress and mental health in the workplace
• Understand the causes of stress
• Understand the HSE’s standards for preventing and managing workplace stress and how to implement these
• Devise clear, realistic improvements to be made in the workplace
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to produce an action plan of realistic improvements to take back to work that will improve the mental health outcomes for their workforce and reduce risk to their business.
HCS Safety,West Point House, 321 Millbrook Road West, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 0HW
023 80 894695