Full time 8.00am – 5.00pm
Starting Salary £32,000 (negotiable)
Reporting to the Directors
The role of Operations Manager is central to the business and needs to encompass all aspects of the services HCS Safety provides. The Operations Manager will be ultimately responsible for ensuring all other roles are carried out to a high standard as well as reporting to the Directors on company progress. The promotion of the vision, values and purpose of the company is as important as the meeting of performance targets.
- Create auditable systems to promote and enable the career development of all staff
- Create auditable systems to ensure that all staff are appropriately trained in their roles
- Ensure that a coherent marketing strategy is established, costed, enacted and evaluated
- Ensure content of HCS Safety website is up to date and appropriate
- Provide a monthly report to Directors to include accurate information on Membership Services including RAG status / Chargeable work generated/ income stream summary/ profitability report/ expenditure/ career development progress/ client feedback and other items to be agreed.
- Develop procedures for non-responsive membership clients
- Deal with any customer complaints
- Allocate work in liaison with Consultancy Support Specialists (CSS: administration support staff who report to the Operations Manager)
- Assist training administrators in allocating training to safety staff
- Oversee training administrators with tutor registrations by ensuring the relevant skills, training and experience are in place.
- Create updated procedures manual for all roles
- Oversee workload and report to Directors on staffing requirements
- Manage recruitment for new staff
- Ensure the company premises are maintained in good order
- Organise Annual Safety Forum
- Organise company team building
- Liaise closely and regularly with the CSS, training and accounts team in order to ensure cohesion and shared purpose within the company
- Deal appropriately with any sickness absence issues in liaison with Warner Goodman Solicitors
- Deal appropriately with any disciplinary issues in liaison with Warner Goodman Solicitors
- Ensure that company vehicles are maintained in good order.